Empangan Batu, Lembah Klang Selangor

 As the evening reaching its summit on Friday, I somehow made a sudden change of route from heading to Kota Damansara to Empangan Batu. Located not far from Batu Caves, it is quite a lovely place to visit for those who seek tranquility and to savor the nature as it is. It is first constructed after a massive flood crippled Kuala Lumpur back in 1971. The city was in a state of chaos , everyday life stopped abruptly and such a disaster the situation was that a state of emergency due to flood was declared on 5th January 1971. 
Portion of the massive lake of Empangan Batu
The view above was taken at one of the loopholes that I able to penetrate. There is a signboard that states any trespassers will be shot, but after realized there were few men readying their fishing equipment , I carefully walked in. I guessed its not everyday to see a woman venture alone within that district that all eyes were on me. I graciously excused my intrusion and explained that my sole purpose just to enjoy and capture the view. One of them even offered to snap a photo of me with the lake view which I politely declined.

Remnant from the past
Within this lake there was a village called Kampung Sungai Tua which its people were evacuated to safety from communist rampage in 1951. According to a newclip, there were few villages that used to be there such as Kg Sungai Pamah and Kg Hulu Gimbar. The original settlers were believed to be from Jawa, Mandiling, Minang and Kerinchi. That reminds me that maybe the original name of Kg Kerinchi nearby Midvalley perhaps derived from Kerinchi settlers.



I was busy admiring the view at the same time observing few fishermen there but my focus was on this couple. Not because of knowing that they are orang asli living nearby but simply because I noticed they managed to capture a fish just by using a long stick and a bait, and as we spoke he jokingly said that even better than the modern fishing rod. As a commemorative and after obtaining their consent, I took their picture. 






Comments