Gua Cinta Manis, Karak

About Karak
 For Karak, nearly 90% of the info that I obtained through the net were written on eerie stories regarding its famous (spooky) Karak Highway..

 Old road to Pantai Timur has always been a choice for travelling due to many places that are rich with natural, historical and cultural values that are worth to observe.

Gua Cinta Manis, a limestone cave located in Kg Cinta Manis  The cave is pretty easy to detect when one is observant enough. Another indication is a mosque located on the opposite side of the road with blue roof and dome.

Masjid Cinta Manis

Cinta Manis Cave

Nearby the cave is a small settlement of several units of houses which I believed belonged to Orang Asli there. It was quiet and at that time no one was around for me to inquire, hence, I decided to park my vehicle on a field located just near the trail that leads to the cave.

Like most of the caves that I visited so far, it was shrouded with thick bushes and trees, it would have been easier if I'd brought parang or machete to clear the way. From the multipurpose hall, a short walk of less 150m will lead to the starting point towards the cave.

Pretty easy to hike up

Hence, in baju kurung I braced myself and up I went. I The path was not that bad, with some stone slabs and rope along the way, making my way up less challenging.

Stone slabs replace usual trail
A rope as an assistance for hikers


Unfortunately, my continuation towards the entrance stopped halfway as the trail lost within the thick bushes . I was not that brazen enough to venture into unknown without proper equipment, and my unstoppable fear of dangerous animals (i.e. pythons, elapid snakes ) enough to prevent me from venturing further up.

Perhaps a proper plan will make next trip to this part of the Karak more interesting. For now I was satisfied with what I have found so far. At least I knew that I can even climb a hill in baju kurung. 








Comments