Tasik Chermin, Gunung Rapat Ipoh Perak

It was one fine Friday morning and I was not in the mood to face another ridicule matter at the office. So decided to make a short hike at Bukit RM2 ,located in Rawang. Out of the blue , I suddenly changed plans, due the experience having car been smashed, went to Ipoh instead.
It was a relaxing drive, taking old route instead of highway towards Ipoh, passed by Kerling, Tg Malim, Slim, Bidor, Tronoh and a quick stop at the border between Kampar & Gopeng for a quick bite of durian. Soft, juicy & sweet durian kampung is the season and I walloped 3 pieces of it for an excellent price of RM20 ðŸ˜„.
Durian kampung, sweet juicy and soft

In less than an hour I reached Ipoh. Contemplating my fate for I barely have few hours before maghrib , I came across while googling, about this one reclusive and yet beautiful hidden lake within cradle of Gunung Rapat ; Tasik Cermin.
Not many info I could get about this lake except it is located within a quarry. True to the few bloggers who had been there, the lake is a hidden gem untouched by the destruction of human activity and to me, very well cared of even with quarry activities nearby.
Starting point

Short trail towards quarry

Quarry area
A man-made tunnel is the only path towards the lake and if you are a scaredy cat such as I, it is recommended to bring a friend or two. For it took me several times to squash any thoughts of ghosts as I ran as fast as I could through that pitch dark, anytime-can-collapsed tunnel ðŸ˜….

Man made tunnel
                                     
                                     

Barely 50m in length but I was having hard time to go through.
                                     

                                        
The view in front of me is breathtakingly beautiful. The lake is sprawled like green mirror enclaved by mountains standing side by side. It was tranquil, refreshing , a sense of exclusivity and privacy with only the sound of leaves and sometimes few birds chirping to accompany you.

                                          


                                         


                                          




Comments